New Young Rider Junior Development Program
Young women and junior men offered training program
Exercise Institute will launch a cycle training program for Junior Men (Otoc Vault Development Group) and Young Women (Nicheliving Vault Development Group).
The new program is open to all young riders aged between 14 and 17 of all abilities. The program will be delivered by respected and qualified coaches in a supportive environment.
The new program is an extension and confirmation of our current arrangements that foster junior development with the Otoc Development group and the Nicheliving women’s program where existing junior riders train and race amongst some of the best senior riders in WA.
Riders can expect the following as part of this program:
- Training diary – The program includes an online training diary structured towards priority local junior races. Our program is delivered on a 3:1 work/rest ratio, allowing for three weeks of training and one week of recovery.
- Ergo – Once each training week ergo session at the Exercise Institute in West Perth overseen by a coach and tailored to specific fitness needs.
- Group Training – Once a week a structured group training session delivered by a coach at Kings Park on Tuesday afternoons, in either the junior men or young women’s group.
- Structured program – the program will identify key events in the WA racing calendar and structured towards these events. Training will also take into consideration the impact on education and nutrition and training for adolescents, being mindful the demands are different for developing athletes.
- Capped numbers – numbers will be limited for each group to ensure a quality coaching and training service.
- Support group – through the wider Otoc and Niche group, riders will have access to support and mentoring from coaches and senior riders, including those racing at a national and international level.
The program is suited to riders aged between 13 and 17 years.
Costing for the program is $175 per junior. This is subsidised from $350 for riders and is a form of sponsorship for our junior development riders.
A one year commitment is expected from each rider for the program. Riders are expected to be present at all training sessions outlined by the coach unless there are special or unique circumstances such as exams or holidays.
Riders need to be aware that as part of the program they:
- Should be committed to the training program
- Provide regular feedback to coaches
- Upload information regularly and consistently
- Take personal responsibility for being prepared and punctual for training sessions, including correct equipment, clothing and lighting
- Maintain adequate educational standards throughout the duration of the program
- Take responsibility for their health and nutrition
- Maintain communication with coaches via phone, email or social media
- Be positive at all times at training with coaches and other riders.
Riders will have access and opportunity to purchase Otoc or Nicheliving Racing Kit at a reduced cost, but it is not a requirement for riders to be in the kit, and we encourage athletes from all backgrounds, clubs and teams to take up this new offer.
How to join
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The program starts 1 May, 2016. Riders can sign on at any time during the year. Places are very limited.
This is a direct sponsorship of the junior development program through exercise institute, Otoc Limited, Nicheliving Constructions, Vault Cycle Services, Aurecon, ThyssenKrupp Industry, Seight Custom Clothing, The VIC Hotel, Perth Preterm Birth Prevention Clinic.