Cycling Women Introductory Offer
Are you new to cycling and want to improve fitness and confidence?
A new training option is available from 1 May, 2016 that aims to encourage women new to cycling to get fitter and stronger in a safe and encouraging environment at both outdoor and indoor training.
Three sessions per week will be made available to women. Training for women new to cycling at a discounted rate will be Tuesdays 6am at Kings Park, Wednesdays 930am and Friday 930am indoors at the Exercise Institute. Each training session last for between 60mins and 90mins and is mixture of fitness and skill. No other facility or system can provide this option to improve your cycling and fitness at the same time.
More about the training
- Wednesdays and Fridays at 8.30 & 930 am – indoor cycling classes for women of all abilities and fitness. Each rider will exercise at their own individual fitness level. We use expert and professional equipment to monitor and track your fitness ‘metrics’. The indoor centre is safe and accessible and ideal for women seeking to gain confidence on their bike.
- Equipment provided – bring your own bike or use our stationary watt bikes, bring cycling shoes or trainers, gym clothing (lycra not compulsory) and towel and water. Parking is available on Wellington St or side streets. Change facilities (not showers) are available.
- Monitoring your progress – Initially we start out of a fitness assessment, to ascertain your own fitness capacity, then we tailor subsequent sessions to your own fitness level. This enables women of high and low fitness levels to exercise to their own capacity at the same time!
- Road training Tuesdays 6.00am – 7.15am at Kings Park there is an ancillary ‘on road’ session. This session aims to improve technique and confidence on the road and applies concepts learnt indoors to outside scenarios. The sessions are conducted within the park, so there is a reduced risk of getting left behind or losing contact with the group. We start and finish together and have coffee at the end. You will need a road bike, front and rear lights, mobile phone and appropriate clothing and equipment.
- Pay per session, $15 per session, online bookings only via the Exercise Institute online booking system or app (no cash payments)
- Pay per month of useage, $120/month for unlimited access to all three sessions listed above by paying here
Coaches and trainers
- Indoor training sessions at Exercise Institute are facilitated by Brad Hall, a cyclist and has a degree in Psychology and Exercise Science and is a passionate supporter of women cycling
- Outdoor sessions are at Kings Park and coached by experienced and super friendly coach Stefanie Van Amerongen. Stef is a competitive cyclist, Liv Ambassador, works in a bike shop and enjoys inspiring and encouraging more women to cycle at all levels and disciplines.
This kind of training is targeted to provide you with results faster and quicker than any other generic gym program or classes. It also provides you with regular information on your fitness improvements, and personalised coaching and fitness supervision.
Maximum numbers for our indoor sessions are 8 riders, but mostly you will have a 1:3/4 coach per rider ratio providing you with valuable feedback about your riding technique, set up and fitness. Our Tuesday group at Kings Park is a women’s only training group at intermediate level and generally attracts between 5 and 10 riders.
The program starts from the week commencing, 1 May, or sign on any time! This means your first road session could be Tuesday, 2 May and first ergo session Wednesday, 3 May!
Exercise Institute, 1010 Wellington Street, West Perth.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0403 953 162.
Bookings online at a rate of $15.00 for the following sessions as part of the introductory offer.
Tuesday 6.00am – 7.15am at Kings Park with Stefanie Van Amerongen
Meet at in the car park behind Frasers Restaurant in Kings Park
Road bikes, helmet, front and rear lights required.
Bring mobile phone, spare tubes and pump, money for coffee if you can stay
Small group, women’s only, training within the park, interval based, everyone starts and finishes together.
Expectation that minimum bike handling skills and fitness
Wednesday 9.30am – 10.30am and Friday 9.30am – 10.30am with Brad Hall
Indoor at the Exercise Institute at 1010 Wellington Street, West Perth
Option to complete on your own bike or E! Stationary bikes
Bring cycling shoes or sneakers, gym or cycling clothes, water bottle and towel
Change facilities available (but not showers)
Paid parking available on Wellington and Outram Streets.
Limited numbers, women only.
Any skill and fitness level catered for.
To book online go to
Scroll through to the correct date and times.
Please also ensure you complete the questionnaire available online https://www.exerciseinstitute.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Ex-Inst-client-info.pdf
If you would like to pay for a months access to the above session you can pay $120 for 4 weeks.
There is no long term commitment or arrangement but we will need to administer this by DD directly with you rather than on the website.
4 years ago / Comments Off on Cycling Women Introductory Offer